Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Ratings of a Rational Poet


Sanity, come back later! Let me be!
Let me for once, write in peace.

Take Newton with you, when you leave.
Let Galileo, Descartes follow thee.
  
Strip me down and search me well,
under my skin, within every cell.

Look, where, no light has ever been.
It is here that you hide, unseen.

Beyond the reach of rationale,
With light I look and hence I fail.

Return, when I have penned a verse
Wishing no glory or remorse.


Photo Credits: fotobaba under CC license



2 comments:

  1. Sanity, if you do come back, do make sure that you restrain and leave inviolate that muse, that brings forth such beautiful verse for us to read and enjoy.
    Beautifully expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words, Usha.

    "Sanity, if you do come back, do make sure that you restrain and leave inviolate that muse..."

    I guess, sanity hasn't deserted me completely, since, I repent not having written this myself.

    ReplyDelete